Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3 of 31 days Fashion Must Have Part 1

Hello,

Remeber yesterday when I said that dressing for the fall didn't require an entire new wardrobe? Well that is true becasue while styles change through the seasons, only a few items really change. The items that change the most are staple pieces and trending pieces. Here is a look at my must have trending and staple pieces.

This season for example ponchos are in yes I know what your thinking (Ugly Betty) well there are the same concept except nicer and stylish. Living in Miami I am not sure when I would wear a poncho but it's one of my must have trend pieces. Blazers are also very big this season, long gone are the days when you only wore blazers with your suits for work. These days the blazer is popping up just about everywhere celebrities are mixing this trend with everything from shorts to dresses. But the blazer is not so much a trending piece it should be consider a staple piece in your wardrobe because even if the blazer stops trending with I doubt it will never really go out of style. 



Jeans are a part of every wardrobe everyone owns jeans. But while jeans are a permanent staple of our closet the jeans do change with the season. Skinny Jeans made there way on the scene a couple of years ago and they never really went away. While I am not a fan of the wide leg jeans they are also peeking in this season.  I think I will be stiking to my staple skinny jeans but this year they won't be only in jean color no this season lets breakout the bold fun colors for fall and wear your skinnys proud.


So here are some of my must have for this season. I love all the trending pieces and the colors. For those who know me I am pretty much a black, white, gray and brown kinda girl. The only color I add to my wardrobe is red. Lately though I have been try to add splash of colors to my wardrobe.  If you are like me don't be afraid to try new trends. But also don't let yourself be forced to try new trends because they are in season or because the celebrities are wearing these trends. Fashion is something that unique to the person and if you don't feel comfortable in something try to mix the fashion with items you already have and feel good wearing.

Tomorrow I will be showing you ways to pull together some of these outfits with the some shoes and accessories.

Money saving tips: Don't be afraid to shop at the thrift store especially for ponchos and blazer since fashion is almost always recycled.  People tend to get rid of pieces they think they won't use again and a few years later those pieces become a trend.

Thanks
Melissa

1 comment: