Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Scrapbooking & Card maker in Training

Hello Again,

I just wanted to take a few minutes and share with you all my new passion and how it happened. For starters I am in no way a professional card maker or scrapbooker. To be honest I never knew I could be crafty nor did I ever think I would fall in love with crafts. That is until earlier last year when my cousin became pregnant. You see I am more of a party planner I love creating party favors and decorating for parties. I even work for an event planner in my spare time. But while I was planning my cousins babyshower she decided she wanted ladybugs as her theme. Well if you don't know ladybug themes are not very common for babyshowers so I had to get my creative juices flowing to create her a ladybug shower. It took months of planning and preparing and it was hard. I had so many task to accomplish one of them being a scrapbook for the new baby. I had never done a scrapbook nor did I even know where to start. So I decided to ask my co-worker who has a passion for scrapbooking to help me along. She sent to me to Joanns fabric to start my hunt for scrapbooking things, and when I walked in I was in love. Now I love shoes that was always my passion shopping for shoes I'm like Emelda Marcos that is until Joann's came along. After my first trip to joanns I got so many ideas for the shower. I needed to enlist help and my dear friend & co-worker decided she was up for the task. As the planning went on I realized I needed table names and tags to be printed as we had 150 guest. So 2 weeks before the shower I went over to my co-workers house who owned the cricut and we started creating. I made beautiful table cards with the storybook cartridge we created Tulip table setting cards and beautiful tags. After that day I decided I needed to have a cricut and so as a Valentine gift I receive the cricut expression. And now all I want to do is scrap, my dear friend moved away to St. Croix so I am on my own to complete the scrapbook she started. As I complete the projects and work a full time job I will be posting my accomplishments. Hope you stay tuned!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment