Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

Hello Friends,

Happy New Year!!! I know its a little late... I hope you all had a great New Year.
Well I must tell you that my New Years didn't start quite how I expected. I sprained my wrist last Wednesday at work I didn't get to the doctor till Saturday. The doctor informed me that I would hav to wear a splint and sling for the next 2 weeks. Therefore I am not allowed to use my right hand no typing, texting, cleaning, cooking and def no crafting :(. Can I tell you not having the use of my right hand is not good it makes me feel very useless. There is some benefits to this not having to clean or cook lol.

While my wrist heals there will be no new projects but I will be posting some stuff I have worked on in the past. Ok so now on to my goals for 2011 since I no longer do resolutions as they are never kept.

Goals for 2011

Quit smoking
Lose 40 pounds

Spend time with my family as I have felt that the last year I didn't spend enough time with them due to all my work. I am grateful for all my work and will conitnue to work hard but, I will also make sure not to take on to much so I can give my family what they need.

Read more I have always loved to read but since reading the twilight series in 2009 I haven't really read anything else... My goal for this year is to read the last two Harry Potter books and also finish all the books I started but never finished.

Open my Etsy Store/Craft more- I have crafted more this year than I have my whole life. The truth is though I mainly crafted for work this year I want to make a point to craft for fun. I would like to craft and sell some of my work on Etsy. I would also like to be invited to do a blog hop this year and would like to gain more followers. I also plan on making a few cards that I can keep for special occasions so I am always prepared.

Videos - I would also like to introduce a video series into my blog where I can showcase my crafting and also my party skills. I want to create a series of vlogs that will follow me as I plan a party and also mini crafting videos. I would like to start this series within the next few weeks.

Blog - I have also not been very sucessful in this blog, mainly for my lack of post. So starting today I plan to blog atleast once a week if not more as I would like to keep my readers up to date.

Plan ahead - This year I found myself wanted to do so much but doing very little. I missed out on halloween and so many Christmas projects. So this year I plan to start on the different occasions ahead of time so I will be able to complete all my projects. I also plan to incoporate the plan ahead into my party planning as I always find myself doing everything last minute.

And finally RELAX - I found myself very busy this year and had no time to really relax. I even got really sick this year so I plan to do some more relaxing as its really important for a healthy living.

Ok I hope to accomplish all my goals and keep you coming back!!!!

Have a great day
Mel

1 comment:

  1. This post made me happy, not happy that things were not going all to well for you but happy that you were honest about it. I too struggle with trying to get up some of the same goals accomplished, especially dropping a few pounds (lol). I wish you the best in getting 2011 in order!

    ReplyDelete