Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Quit Smoking Eat to Much!!!!

Hello,

So today's post is not about parties, crafting or cute things it's all about my journey to get healthy.
So as some of you might be aware I have been really sick lately. I have had a terrible cold in the last few months which has totally taking a toll on my life. The last 2 months I have been on about a dozen different medications and about 4 rounds of prednisone to help my lungs. If you are not aware of the side effects of this medications its lack of sleep and weight gain.

A few months ago I managed to lose alot of weight after being told I was pre-diabetic. I decide to change my eating habits and food lifestyle so I started to incorprate vegtables, brown rice and lots of salad. I also started to eat alot of fish and chicken and cut out all my sweets with the exception of sugar free ice cream. And wow did that make a huge difference the pounds literally started to melt away. In the past 6 months I have managed to drop about 25 pounds and my sugar levels are great.

The problem now is that since I got so sick this year I decided to quit smoking. COLD TURKEY quit smoking I haven't smoke in about 3 weeks but now all I do is EAT EAT EAT.... It's terrible because all my weight loss efforts are going down the drain and the holidays at the office are full of temptation.
Everyday the vendors are sending in sweets cookies, chocolate, popcorn OMG its too much to handle.
Also it doesn't help that this year I have decided that my x-mas gifts are going to consist of can you guess SWEETS!!!!! 

Can I tell you something else I don't know if its the fact that I no longer smoke or maybe I was so sick before but all the food I eat taste amazing. I feel like I might need an intervention LOL. I am sure I am not the only one going through this and I so I would like to know your stories about weight loss and smoking cessation.

I would also love some ideas that I can incorprate into my blog come January that will be sort of the biggest loser challenge. I will have to think of something cool and fun that will also play with my crafting... Stay tuned.

Have a GREAT DAY

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I quit smoking 3 years ago and I have still not lost the weight I gained and I have probably gained a little more. I really have to start eating healthier and get more exercise. Good luck to you and stick with it.
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete