Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Christmas in July - Treats and Favors

Hello,

Today is day 2 of my guest design for Giselle's from www.crossmyheartpapercraft.blogspot.com Christmas in July hop. For this project we where asked to create a favor box that can be used for your Chritmas events.

I created this box last Christmas for my sons teachers as well as for a Christmas Party in which I was in charge of a the takeaway favors. This favor is not a traditional small favor it's actually a larger favor box which has become a trend of the past few years in the party planning world. Lately most favors at parties are usually dessert favors and so they have become more elaborate. This box can be filled with pretty much anything you like with 4 compartments to house all your treats. When I did these favors last year I filled them with hot cocoa, christmas cookies, Christmas candies, and mint lollipops they where a hit.







Supplies:

2 12x12 cardstock
2 12wx12 coordinating paper
Elastic to close the box and wrap with ribbon
3-4 types of coordinating wired ribbon for top of box.
I used Winter Frolic cartirdge to cut both trees that where used on opposite sides of the box.
Stickles to create the glitter effect which match the shiny ribbon.
Red Tissue Paper

I will post a tutorial of the box next week so stay tuned.

Hope you enjoy

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation I love the colors made me thiink of poinsettias.
    Big Blog Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! You just keep making the things that I havent done but want to give it a try. TFS

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melissa - this is so cute! I have seen these boxes before and I love your version! What a great gift idea :) Can't wait for the tutorial!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project, you can do so many things with it, make a photo album, put flowers in it and party favors and treats, Love it!
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! Thanks for sharing! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute box. great idea. tfs.
    littlen44atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete