Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Home Decor on a Budget

Hello,

I hope your day is going good!

I am on a roll this week, I am trying to get used to writing a post atleast 4 times a week so bare with me. As I mentioned yesterday I have been on a home decor kick lately. I have always loved to decorate my house because I believe your home is a partial representation of your personality. And since I love fashion I think it's time my home represents my style. Don't get me wrong my apartment is not a disaster and its nicely decorated but its a bit outdated so its time for a decorlift. I want my house to have a more modern chic feel. But I don't want my house to look like a museum where you can't sit on the couches for fear of getting them dirty or breaking something. I mean I do have grown boys at home who hang out in the living room and are always around, don't really think they would approve of a girly unbreakable house LOL. Anyways my other issue is also the financial aspect I don't really have much money to give my house a total redo.

We have been living in our new place for about 4 months now and while the house is slightly decorated the walls remain bear. My dining room is in need of an overhaul and so does my living room. My bedroom is nice and new but again bear walls and not much else. So I have been surfing the net for some DIY inspiration which can help me in my decorlift. I am pretty crafty so I am guessing that is something that can work to my advantage. Surfing the net this week I have found some cool DiY wall frames that I just love.

Framed Scrapbook Paper: I have been looking into home decor blogs and I have seen may rooms with this concept.




So what do you guys think do you have any home decor ideas on a budget?

Also don't forget about my new series 31 days Everything Fall just check out my post from yesterday for more info.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to do the scrapbook paper thing for a while. I have lots of pieces that would look great on a wall!

    My daughter in law did something that was dirt cheap and came out looking awesome. She got a bunch of old frames (all different sizes and shapes)from Goodwill and yard sales, and spray painted them all black and hung them in her dining room. It looks really cool! I'll try to post the 2 links to her blog page...

    http://alwaysanotherdecision.blogspot.com/2011/05/first-peek.html

    http://newsilverlining.blogspot.com/2011/09/peek-into-my-home-thediningroom.html

    You'll probably have to copy and paste!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete