Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Crazy, Productive, Busy Weekend.. A look ahead!!!

Good Morning,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

As for me I had a very CRAZY weekend preppping for an upcoming party and remodeling. This weekend I decided I finally needed a space to call my own. I didin't really have a space for all my party and scrap things. For the past year I have been scrapping and creating on my dining table and all my stuff has been in a closet under my stairs. It was very annoying and uncomfortable to have to go into the closet (2x3) and try and get all my things in order, then have to craft on my table and put everything back. So for a year I wasn't really being as creative or coming up with anything clever, I was pretty much doing what I had to and filling orders.

To make matters worse I had nowhere to really house all my party stuff (vases, centerpieces, inspiration boards etc...) so it was pretty much everywhere. Then a few months ago my company offered a garage sale to sell of props they use for photoshoots. And I bought so many things when I brought them home I had nowhere to put them so they sat in boxes. My sitting/computer area was overcrowed with boxes not only from the garage sale but also from the holidays (halloween/christmas). I was at the verge of a nervous breakdown having my house a mess and being creativly blocked was making me crazy.

And so I decided to put an end to all my troubles. I have been surfing the blogging world for inspiration for a party/scrap area. I took my binder this weekend of all the rooms I love and started building my dream studio. I spent the weekend at Ikea and Michaels getting all my stuff to put togther my room. It took 48 hours to dismantle, build, clean and organize but I finally got it done. The room is still not completely ready as the walls are still bear and I am missing some shelves. But I am happy with the progress I have made so far and I am now ready to start creating.

It's funny how when the room was finished last night and I sat back all of my creative jusices started to flow. I have so many ideas I can finally accomplish and couldn't be happier.

Pictures of my scraproom makeover will be posted this week and I will give you guys tips on how to get a room created on a tight budget. (I created my room with less than $200.00).

Before Makeover

In closing I wanted to inform you guys that I have alot of upcoming projects, ideas and series I am working on. I will be very busy the rest of the week getting ready for a Sweet 15's I will be attending and also doing the party favors. I will be posting lots of pictures this week so stay tuned. 

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could organize my scrap room...
    Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    Minta
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a blog award for you. Stop by my blog to get the info.
    Kerry

    http://mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete